October 16, 2013 by Luana Mercy
Sanskrit Name: Salabahsana
Cautions: Neck injuries, headache, serious back injury
strengthens muscles of the spine, glutes, arms and legs
stretches shoulders, chest, abdominal and thighs
relives stressstimulates abdominal organs
- You might want to pad the floor below your pelvis and ribs with a folded blanket
- Lie on your belly with your arms bent and your hands underneath your shoulders
- gently rest your chin on the ground
- contract the gluteus maximus and lift your legs off the ground
- think of making your legs as long as possible.
Beginners: place your hands underneath your pubic bone and the lift will be easier or lift just one leg.
Advanced: challenge your self by shifting the center of gravity into the upper body by trying to lift the legs towards the ceiling.