November 25, 2013 by Luana Mercy
Cautions: Headache, insomnia, low blood pressure
Strengthens the ankles, thighs, calves and spine
Stretches the muscles of the shoulders and chest
Reduces flat feet
- Stand in Mountain Pose inhale and raise your arms overhead and slightly in front
- Either keep the arms parallel, palms facing inward or join the palms
- Exhale and bend your knees, trying to take the thighs as nearly parallel as possible.
- Keep your knees behind the toes
- Firm your shoulder blades against the back
- To increase the strength of your thighs squeeze a block between your thighs
Beginners: Perform the post near a wall.
Advanced: Lift up on the balls of your feet and sit your buttocks down on your raised heels. Extend the arms forward, parallel to the ground.