December 12, 2013 by Luana Mercy
Cautions: High blood pressure, ankle injury
Strengthens the ankles and legs
Improves hamstring and calf flexibility
Improves balance and posture
- Standing with your feet hip distance apart, bend your knees and come to a squat
- Place the hands on the ground comfortably in front of you with fingers pointed forward.
- Keeping your hands on the ground, straighten the legs and lift the right legg off the ground.
- Drop the upper body towards the floor as you walk your hands towards the supporting leg.
- Stretch the free leg up towards the ceiling
- If you can balance comfortably take one hand and place it on your ankle.
Beginners: Perform the post near a wall or use a block under the hand.
Advanced: Place both hands on the ankle.