December 12, 2013 by Luana Mercy
Cautions: Back injury, Neck injury, Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
Strengthens the back, abdominals, hips and shoulders
Helps improve coordination
- Come to a kneeling position keeping the body tall and knees hip distance apart.
- Extend the right leg to the side, placing the heel on the floor with the toes pointed upwards
- Raise the arms laterally until they are parallel to the ground and then tilt the body to the left until the left hand comes in contact with the ground
- Lift the right leg off the ground, bringing it parallel to the floor
- Reach the top arm over the head with the palm facing down towards the floor.
Beginners: Raise leg for a few seconds at a time.
Advanced: Hold the pose longer.