December 12, 2013 by Luana Mercy
Cautions: Neck Strain, High Blood Pressure
Strengthens the ankles and legs
Strengthens the shoulders
Trains the body to stabilize the core
- Stand with feet hip distance apart and bend knees coming down to a squat.
- Place the hands on the ground comfortably in front of you with the fingers pointed forward.
- Keeping your hands on the ground, straighten legs, lifting the right leg off the ground.
- As you continue to straighten the supporting leg, take the right hand off the ground bringing the arm perpendicular to the body.
- If you can balance comfortably, reach the right arm and turn the right side of the body towards the ceiling.
Beginners: use a block under the hand or use a wall
Advanced: look towards the ceiling or shift your body weight over your supporting leg, allowing you lift your supporting arms off the round.